Delta School District
Manager, Financial Services
Delta School District is honoured to be working and learning on the traditional territory of the Tsawwassen and Musqueam First Nations and all of the hən̓q̓əmin̓əm̓ speaking people who have been stewards of this land
since time immemorial.
Everything we do is driven by our vision to be an innovative, inclusive community where all learners belong and everyone soars, and our mission is to inspire and nurture thriving, future-ready learners. Our employees are a vital piece to achieving our vision. We value Compassion, Responsibility, Integrity, Creativity, Diversity, and Resilience in our district of approximately 16,000 learners and 2,860 employees.
Our 31 schools and offices are located in Ladner, Tsawwassen, and North Delta on the traditional territories of the Tsawwassen and Musqueam First Nations. We offer our respect to the Knowledge Keepers and all First Peoples who have been on these lands since time immemorial.
Delta School District is seeking an experienced Manager, Financial Services to join a professional and collaborative Finance Services Team. Reporting to the Director of Finance and Management Services, this role leads a proficient team in the day-to-day financial operations of our school district and in the delivery of timely and accurate financial reporting, including the preparation of year end audit working papers. The Manager, Financial Services provides support to, and collaborates with, the Assistant Secretary Treasurer, the Director of Finance and Management Services, and Budget Officers on a range of matters including budget reporting and analysis, forecasting, and capital expenditure and reporting. A positive and confident leader, the Manager, Financial Services brings an outstanding sense of collaboration and customer service to work with the district leadership team, department managers, school administrators, admin staff and others, by seeking creative solutions to complex issues.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Strong leadership skills with a willingness to collaborate and contribute at all levels when required
- Exceptional ability to lead, mentor, and develop inclusive teams
- Significant experience planning and implementing change, with a proven ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy, in both written and spoken form
- A record of building and maintaining positive, collegial relationships at all levels of the organization
- Strong high-level conceptual thinking, with the ability and willingness to work at a more detailed level when necessary
- A desire for innovation and continuous improvement
- Chartered Professional Accounting designation (CPA), with 5 or more years of demonstrated progressive experience in accounting and finance, financial planning, forecasting, and budgeting
- At least 3 years of supervisory experience, preferably in a unionized setting
Solid understanding of public sector accounting standards (PSAS)
- Proficiency and experience with computerized financial systems and advanced knowledge of Excel, with knowledge of CIMS accounting system an asset
This competition is facilitated by Catherine Jagger of EduSelect Services. To apply, please send your resume and supporting documents in a single package by noon, October 13, 2023 to Catherine Jagger at [email protected].
Delta School District is dedicated to creating safe, healthy and welcoming working environments through our value of and commitment to diversity and inclusion in our schools, district and communities. We invite applications from all qualified applicants.
For more information on Delta School District, please visit www.deltasd.bc.ca.