Job Position Filled.
School District No. 35 (Langley)
Facilities, Transportation, and Capital Projects (Exempt)
Continuing, Full-Time Position
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of students? Are you passionate about using your knowledge, skills, and influence to help enhance the infrastructure and capital projects of a fast-growing organization? School District No. 35 (Langley) is looking for a talented Assistant Director – Facilities, Transportation, and Capital Projects (Exempt) to join the District’s existing team of leaders who work collaboratively to maintain a healthy, safe, and positive learning environment for all students and staff.
Reporting to the Director – Facilities, Transportation & Capital Projects, the Assistant Director role is responsible for providing leadership to a skilled team of Maintenance Trades Managers who oversee the Trades, Custodial, Transportation and Grounds departments. This position requires a solid track record of managing projects and leading teams of managers and front-line staff. As one of the top-3 fastest growing school districts in the province over recent years, this is an exciting time to join Langley! The Assistant Director will help facilitate that growth by participating in the planning of new schools, along with expansions, renovations and general maintenance of existing buildings. This position liaises regularly with consultants, contractors, municipal staff, regulating authorities, and internal stakeholders. Through this work, the Assistant Director will be executing projects that have a direct impact on students, staff and the community, and will leave a legacy for future generations.
Who we are:
The Langley School District is situated on the traditional unceded territories of the Matsqui, Kwantlen, Katzie, and Semiahmoo First Nations. We are an innovative, inspiring, and unified learning community committed to our Core Values: Integrity, Courage, Excellence, and Community. Our District mission is to inspire all learners to reach their full potential and to create a positive legacy for the future. This mission is demonstrated both in and out the classroom. We offer a broad range of innovative programs and services to support the learning of our students and staff in 31 elementary, 5 middle, and 9 Secondary schools which are home to over 23,000 students. Our District celebrates diversity and fosters a nurturing and inclusive culture. We care deeply about our students and staff, and prioritize health, safety, and mental wellness through various initiatives in the District.
The Facilities & Maintenance Team:
We take pride in the projects and solutions we deliver, that promote sustainability and improve the environment where our students and employees grow and thrive. The Team is a hands-on, collaborative group that is passionate about their work, and has the experience to get the jobs done.
What you bring:
- Degree, diploma and/or professional designation in a related field. Five (5) to seven (7) years’ recent, related progressive supervisory and management experience in a large, complex unionized environment. Evidence of ongoing professional and leadership development.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure and manage competing priorities.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to delegate, motivate, and manage employees.
- Strong background in Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) and WorkSafeBC regulation.
- Proven judgement, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
- Self-motivated with the willingness and ability to take independent action and accountability.
- Thorough knowledge of building technology, materials, and methods for architectural, mechanical, electrical, and structural disciplines.
- Valid BC Driver’s License.
To fulfill the duties successfully, this role has the benefit of:
- A comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental, and municipal pension plan.
- The use of a company vehicle.
- Career growth with employer-paid Pro-D training and leadership development opportunities.
- Health & Wellness supports through our Health & Wellness Support Program, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families.
This competition is facilitated by ProVision Management Consulting Inc. To apply, please send your resume and supporting documents by December 30, 2022, at 12:00 PM to [email protected]. If you would like more information about this position, please contact our search consultant, Catherine Jagger at [email protected].